Thursday, October 1, 2009

Acupuncture--I'm Getting the Point

I've now had three sessions of acupuncture. I do feel better. Is it the wonder of acupuncture? I sure wish there was a "Control Test Deb" and a "Normal Deb" so that I could really scientifically prove that my non-insurance-covered treatment is working.

The biggest thing I'm taking away is the logic of the treatment. Here's the conversation:

Doc: How are you feeling.
Me: Tired.
Doc: Well, what are you doing today?

This is where I list all of the places I've been and plan on going before my head hits the pillow.

Doc: What did you eat today?

This is where I rattle off the mishmash of food and caffeinated beverages that I've had so far in the day.

Doc: How many hours of sleep did you get last night?

This is where I calculate out loud the bedtime, interruptions, awakenings and alarm clock settings.

Doc: Do you hear what you just said?

Whew, it's like I'm with my mom, and she says, "Do what you think is best." My failure to feel rested is an open book on the examining table.

Am I crazy? Yes. But, I'm starting to get the point.


3 comments:

Lee said...

Doesn't that Doctor know mother's only rest when they are dead??

The Redhead Riter said...

I totally agree with Lee

Kim said...

Good for you for sticking with it. Is the poking helping with the allergies?

And yes, Lee is right. If the doctor really wants to help, he/she needs to find a way to clone mothers or at the very least, fund a housekeeper!