Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Abandoned at Tahoe?

I'm sitting outside by a roaring fire...alone for the first time in weeks and having mixed feelings about it.

The girls are skiing with friends. The boys are skiing with friends. I've been accidentally, I'm sure, stood up by my husband for a ski date.

I'm not all that sad about being stood up. Don't tell anyone, but I truly hate skiing. My two biggest reasons are that it's a mother's logistical nightmare and I'm afraid of killing myself.

I don't fear death as much as I fear a slow, painful frozen death that doesn't completely kill me, but leaves me in traction with no brain function.

That being said, I'm all geared up and ready to go, and happily sitting by the fire with my iPhone. If you see my man on the slopes, tell him I'm waiting...or not.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That is funny. My Mom is the same way. She has lived in Utah her entire life and has only been on ski's a few times. That's okay, you enjoy your time by yourself. Something a mom doesn't get too much of.
http://cindyscereal.blogspot.com

Helene said...

Oh that is exactly the way I hope to be abandoned in Tahoe as well. I don't do skiing...I did it once and that was enough to convince me that I should never ever do it again!!