Thursday, March 4, 2010

While The Husband's Away...



When the Husband's Away

images-1.jpeg images-2.jpeg

When the husband's away I do crazy things---like go out and do the kind of shopping that makes owning a mini van respectable.

I am not one to buy things and hide them from my husband. There is no sneaking Bloomingdale's Big Brown Bags up the stairs and pushing them into the back of my closet. This is partly because I have such a small closet that the bags don't fit in there. It's also partly that I have such a guilt complex about overindulging in impulse purchases that I have to take the scorn head on.

Although, sometimes, I can still fit a few things under the bed.

I love shopping because it is like Christmas morning--except you kind of know what's in the packages. Of course, that is if you can remember all the stuff you bought that day.

I like the part of rediscovering my newfound treasures. In a sea of bulging Target bags, I relish pulling each new purchase out and congratulating myself on such a terrific shopping decision. It's always fun to do this with a friend, and sometimes that friend is my husband. You can imagine how much he appreciates this.

He especially likes the part when I come home with 4 or 5 pairs of shoes.

Oh, and my husband's away a lot, and he's probably reading this right now.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, my husband's away a lot too and that's when I get to do all the fun stuff, like buy things I'm not supposed to.